Saturday, October 6, 2007

Random Shitty Thoughts


I have left NTU for quite awhile now and after interacting less with Chou Chou, I have become more 香. Shall stop addressing myself as Chao Chou. Hahahaha


Have been reading a book "Marley and Me" written by John Grogan recently. Just finished reading it. Its a story about a 'mad' Labrador Retriever that is described by the author as the world's worst dog. It was so hilarious, the things the dog did and the state of madness he was in.

The dog was practically crazy- swallowing his owners' gold necklace, snatching food from the young kids' plates and even ate shit!

Towards the end of the book, emotions were pouring in. The author described every health problem of the 13 year old dog (one human year is equal to seven years in the dog life); from the dog losing his hearing, to becoming less agile and weak (some hip problem that causes him to walk in pain with his hind legs) and finally to the day when the author had to make the humane decision to put the dog to sleep to end his suffering. Its amazing how dogs can find a place in human families and contribute selflessly to its owner. A dog would not care what race, religion, whether your rich or poor, educated or illiterate, or whether you are smelly. As long as you are his owner and gave him your heart, he would be there for you.

I love dogs too! My hot favourite is Siberian Husky. Its big, looks fierce and intimidating. However, these dogs are actually gentle and very fond of its family. A puppy at heart, they are clever, sociable, easy going and docile. They are not a watch dog as they seldom bark and love everyone. They are cool towards other dogs but if attacked, are able to fend itself easily. And of course, they are beautiful.


In fact most Husky that I have seen do not bark. They always approach wagging their tail and so full of self confidence. But for me, even if I can afford a Husky, getting one is impossible as these large dogs are not suitable and not allowed in HDB flats. Hahahas

Owning a dog is a dream for me, but until I'm financially stable, have a place of my own and ready to share my love with them, I shall continue dreaming cause
I know its a big decision to make. Such huge responsibility to be a dog owner. I had a couple of hamsters before, and I know how much time, money, love and attention must be spent already on these small animals in order to keep them happy or contented. I must admit I did not do a very good job with my hamsters, but at least they all survived close to two years with me, which is the life expectancy of the small creatures.

Came across a song by SHE's Ella, written and sang by herself for her dog, which died in an operation I heard.






This song reminds me of my hamster, Dan Dan. He was the cutest hamster I have ever seen, always letting me torture and never once bit me or anyone who 'handled' it. Was a great pity that all the photos that we took with it is gone. All crashed along with Juan and my computers. Though I have always suspected that it might be a "retarded" hamster, it forms a part of my hall life memory. Dan Dan, Ni Ni, Ball Ball, Mao Mao and Mei Mao, we misses all of you.